RE: its not British but

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: its not British but
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:33:59 -0700
At 03:23 PM 7/28/2004, Randall wrote:
> >    Valve guides ? or valve seals ? is all I can think of...do you
> > think it
> > could be seals, its not easy but i have been told I can change the seals
> > without pulling the head.
>
>Mike, it would help if you told us what car and year you have ...

  I didn't think of that...duh... Its a 1967 or 68 FIAT Dino Spider, like I
said not British.  It has a Dino 2.0 Litre V6 in it with 3 2-barrel Webbers
and is stock with the exception of a MSD igntion.  It has no smog controls
on it.  Same motor as the Ferrari Dino.  The baffling part to me is the
intermittent smoking and its a lot when it does it, if it was constant, I
could probably figure it out.

   2 other posters have replied with questions about a leak down test, no I
have not done one.  I don't know how to do that but i will go buy a leak
down tester after work, reading about it online looks like a compression
test that gives you more info about the bottom end.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/