Re: RE:

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE:
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:40:35 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/03 12:27:21 PM, Ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

<< 3 psi should do.

Note that there are some bad fuel pressure regulators running around,
apparently still being sold by NAPA and others.  I posted a note about it
some time ago, but I can't seem to find the information at the moment.

You might want to look into using one of the little rectangular Facet pumps
with the proper pressure rating, instead of the regulator.  Last I looked,
they're only $30 or so from JCW, and they seem to work quite well.  YMMV of
course.

Randall >>

FWIW, I've had one of them on by 2L VW Bus engine with Weber carb for
about five years now. Use the low pressure one, 'natch. The "Purolator"
brand fuel pressure regulator is the one the VW list mentions as being
"tested as being ineffective" at controlling pressure. That's the chrome
press-an-turn model, BTW, and a few of the list members tested it and
no amount of pressing an turning did anything to the output pressure...
As always, YMMV...

Tony in NJ
W.A.S.T.E.