Peeing on starters

To: "British-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Peeing on starters
From: "Robin Berens." <rberens@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 06:16:16 -0700
On 2 Jul 2003 at 19:49, Robin  Berens. wrote:

> It told him to pee on it

After disconnecting the battery, I hope!

I don't recall, but:
  a.. The starter was not energized during the "procedure", one assumes.
  b.. Even if it was its only 12 vdc. (Pee is indeed a good conductor!)
  c.. I don't recommend peeing on distributors, coils etc, that can be
somewhat counterproductive!
  d.. I don't recommend peeing on starters as a general fix, just in the
situation that I described.
  e.. This all happened in about 1964 (40 years ago!)
  f.. Bottom line is IT WORKED!