Wheel Balancing in Dallas

To: "British-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Balancing in Dallas
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:22:35 -0500
Anyone know of a place in the Dallas Fort Worth Texas area that does on the
car wheel balancing or is set up to do wire wheels off the car ?
Every place that I've called that says "yeah we can do that ", ends up
saying " duhhh you ain't got no bolt  holes in that wheel' when I show up.
One guy actually told me that  you balanced  wire wheels by adjusting the
spokes rather than adding weights. (In his defense, I  think a lot of his IQ
points leaked out when he had all that piercing  done to his face )
Anyway, the shop I previously used (Oak Cliff Tire) is now closed . They
were great because the would turn the tire on a lathe before balancing and
it always took just a small weight to get it in balance.
Thanks for any leads
Bob Nogueira