Re: M.P.G. for a T/R 3

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs"
Subject: Re: M.P.G. for a T/R 3
From: "Robin Berens." <rberens@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:07:17 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>; "spitfires"
<spitfires@autox.team.net>
Cc: "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:57 PM
Subject: M.P.G. for a T/R 3

> I'm reading a few performance road tests of the T/R 3 as written by
"Autocar",
> it says, driving hard 28 MPG, attainable 35/37, and lastly it says a
> "unmodified" but using special driving techques it attained 71.02 MPG, I
have
> no idea what special driving techniques means,

perhaps "stockinged" feet helped, maybe  the smell give the SUs a boost. Do
you have  O/D. What axle ratio? Tire pressures?  Altitude?

 the very best MPG I have ever
> been able to attain is 31.6 and I did that only once, most of the time I'm
in
> the 26/27 MPG class, anyone care to share what they get and how they do it
is
> appreciated, especially with petrol approaching $2.00 here on the east
coast,

Here in sunny? California our little hearts bleed for you as you  "approach"
$ 2.00/gal, we ain't pproaching, we're lookin' back with nostalgia.

> I have standard H-6 carbs using RM needles with O/D, I buy 89 octane and
very
> seldom get into it from the standing start, I do cruise in the over 70
MPH.