Re: Newsletter help

To: <CAWS52803@aol.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newsletter help
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:59:10 -0500
From: <CAWS52803@aol.com>
To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>

> I do our club newsletter thru The British Marque Newspaper, but also do an
> email several times per month to our members.  Sixty-four out of our
seventy
> members use email.  I would like to jazz up the email with some graphics

Don't do it.  Your 64 recipients could have many different mail setups on
several different platforms.  Put your fancy pictures on a website and
publish the URL in the emails.

Just sent plain text in the emails.  No HTML.  No attachments.  Just text.

This mailing list is text only, and you get good info here, right?  Along
with advice from opinionate guys like me, of course.

I also urge you to join newsletters@autox.team.net  Get on the same way you
got on this one.  The traffic is light, and the signal-to-noise ratio is
very good.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org