RE: To Californiaians - [Fwd: CA CO2 regulation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: To Californiaians - [Fwd: CA CO2 regulation
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:34:31 -0800 (PST)
> Not sure that really answers the question, there probably is someone,
> somewhere, using a Ford Explorer as a truck.  And, I don't expect the state
> will look too closely into just how you use your SUV, especially since this
> is a regulation on manufacturers.

Easily determined by the registration type. If you register your
pickup with a commercial license (which you *have* to do, I believe,
if you have an open bed), you'll be categorized as commercial and
exempt from this bill.

Note that this handily exempts all the spew from 18-wheelers and
farm equipment.