Moss or Victoria British thread

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Moss or Victoria British thread
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:54:50 -0500
First, let me say that I am sorry to have created such a hornet's
nest.  That wasn't my intention at all.

Having said that, I stand by my claim.  When I talked to a lady in Customer
Service (name long gone from my feeble memory), I asked only that I be able
to return some parts "still in their original TRF packages - unopened" for
credit against other parts.  I didn't mention how old the order was, nor
was I asked.  No dollar value of the parts to be returned was
mentioned.  Her answer was right off the cuff, no time to look up my name
on the computer (although I did identify myself, as is my habit).

When I called VB to order some parts, I said, "by the way, I'm rebuilding
the rear axle, which calls for a number of shim for the differential.  I
don't know what sizes I'll need.  May I order a mix and return what I don't
need?"  Their answer was "sure".  "How much restocking fee?" I
asked.  "None".  Is there a big dollar difference between the two
situations?  Yes, but TRF didn't know that.

Having said all the above, it is possible that I talked to reps from each
company who were wrong.  I'll be glad to give TRF the benefit of the doubt,
given the responses I've read here tonight.  Monday I'll call and repose
the question of both companies.

Yes, TRF does have excellent tech support.  But I haven't used tech
support.  Having raced a -4 in a misguided (but fun-filled) youth, I know
the car well enough to suit my needs (save for some Kastner modification
details).  And I have my original shop manual.  Yes, a good tech support
group does help us "Keep 'em on the road".

Again, my apologies to all for this hornet's nest.  I hope that this puts
the issue to bed.  If I receive a different response to my questions on
Monday, I'll repost (but will be TDY until the end of the week, so it'll be
delayed.)

I hope we all have a great weekend.

Jim
--
God Bless America

J.C. Hassall
jhassall@blacksburg.net
RV-7 builder wannabe
"The essence of character is doing what's right --
even when no one is looking."  J.C. Watts