An ever badder virus!

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: An ever badder virus!
From: "cystanton@earthlink.net" <cystanton@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:51:20 -0500
Just picked this up from a friend, thought I'd better pass it on to everyone.
Just when we were getting over the "BadTrans" virus, "goner" comes along.  This
one erases your virus program if you don't have the latest definitions.  Read
and heed:

Cy Stanton
http://www.britishcarforum.com

"Anti-virus company MessageLabs says the Goner computer virus is spreading
almost as fast as the lovebug virus.

The company's anti-virus technologist, Alex Shipp, said the company saw 32,500
copies of the email screensaver stopped around the world.

The email causes disruption through Microsoft Outlook and has a message which
reads: "When I saw this screensaver I thought of you."

Alex Shipp said the first copy they saw was from the US but added it may have
originated in Europe.

He said: "We have seen it coming from lots of companies in the UK and a lot of
big ones have been badly affected."

He said the cost to affected companies will be big because the email removes
anti-virus software which will have to be replaced.

Mr Shipp added the virus got a hold before software picked it up.

He said: "It will be really big for the rest of today and perhaps for tomorrow,
and then it will be over."
"

http://mail2web.com/ .