TR3A storage

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A storage
From: John Lipsky <johnl@quadrexcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:02:49 -0500
Greetings:

To date I've taken a voyeuristic approach to the correspondences since my
car is currently in storage, although I find your conversations to be quite
interesting....and ammusing.

But now I find I have a problem and it has to do with my 1961 TR3A which
has been in storage off and on in the past 8-10 years.  So I figured I'd
venture forth here and join the masses ....

Firstly, its always stored in the winter, making its yearly debut in the
spring - its usually only a Sunday driver or to and from work a few days a
week.  The garage its in is fairly dry, although it shares its space with
another car which is driven daily, and perhaps moisture gets in in the form
of rain or snow off of that car.  So sometimes the garage slab does get damp.

The TR3A has been in storage now for about 18 months - this summer just saw
too many other projects to be able to get it on the road.

I'm now finding that mold is growing on some of the interior surfaces,
especially inside the door map pockets.  The car is covered with a heavy
soft cotton cover, and is up on jacks a good 12-18" off the slab.

1.  What can I do to prevent this?
2.  What's a good way to clean it?
3.  Any suggestions for short and long term storage - other than the prep
of the engine, fuel lines, etc that I already do?

I'd appreciate ANY input....

Best regards,
John
Woodbridge, CT 06525