Re: Spriget cranks

To: <LenPicton@aol.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spriget cranks
From: "Neil Sherry" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:42:14 -0000
There is not a huge difference. It really depends on what measuring
equipment you have, the main bearing diameters are easy enough to measure,
but are not conclusive!

Dimensions in inches.
                            948    1098 (early)    1098 (late)    1275
Stroke                     3       3.296            3.296            3.2
Main dia               1.75    1.75                    2                 2

All crank-pins are 1.625 dia.
1275 have six flywheel bolts and two dowels. 948's have four bolts, I think
1098's do too.

Neil