Re: Looking for Used Talbot Mirror

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Re: Looking for Used Talbot Mirror
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:30:27 -0700 (PDT)
Jay,

You can buy new Talbot mirrors, but they're very pricey:

    http://www.talbotco.com

Lotsa suppliers sell Talbot-like chrome bullet mirrors, Moss being one,
for much much less.  I have a couple of 4 1/8" (I think- I know they're
a bit over 4") on my snake.

My only complaint is that I couldn't find one with a convex mirror for
the passenger's side.  I ended up grinding down the mirror in one of
those cheapie 4 1/4" convex mirrors you can buy at many auto parts
stores and swapping it in for the flat passenger side mirror.

BTW, there is a Talbot 4" convex mirror, but it cost nearly $300.

Roland