Re: SU carb help

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: SU carb help
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:20:05 -0300
Jim,

         Yes, these lines are included with the SU rebuild kit which should
be available from Moss or other sources. Easy to replace and be sure to
order the proper kit for the model of SU's you have installed.

Regards,
Bob

At 03:04 PM 8/13/01 -0400, Jim Muller wrote:
>Hello, all.  I recently obtained a Triumph GT6 which has SU carbs installed
>instead of ZS's.  I posted the following to the triumphs mailing list but
>since they don't deal with SU's much, I haven't gotten any response yet.  So
>I'll ask you kind folks too...
>

> >Now for the question.  My GT6 has a pair of SU's.  One of them has a small
> >leak.  On one, the small wire-spring covered line running from a
> floatbowl to
> >the jet is wet, apparently split.  Are these easily replaced?  Are parts
> >available?  Any suggestions?
>
>Tanks!
>
>Jim Muller
>muller@world.std.com  -or-  jimmuller@pop.rcn.com
>
>ex-Keeper Of the Flickering Flame
>1980 Spitfire 1500
>1970 GT6

Bob Hamilton, Waverley, NS
Home of the 1973 Yellow Midget and Assorted Sunbeams!
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton