1600 Honda in Rover 216/416

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 1600 Honda in Rover 216/416
From: Paul Garside <Paul.Garside@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 01:44:47 -0800
Ade,

I believe two Honda engines of 1600 capacity were fitted: both 16-valve, but
one single-cam and the other twin cam. Which one do you mean? (Sorry, I
don't much about either, but this might help other responders!).

The 1400 in the 214/414 was of course the Rover K-series: a brilliant
engine. I have a 1.1 single-cam K-series in my Metro and this has done
87,000 and is still like new. The Lotus Elise and MGF uses a 1800 version. I
believe there are now bigger and V-6 versions too.

Paul