TR7 BFH#31a

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#31a
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:37:40 EST
Two quick questions while I ponder re-installing all the other parts in the
engine compartment.  I bought new spark plug wires, mainly because the ones
that came with the car have straight ends, so it's hard to fit them onto the
plugs because they run into each other.   But the new ones that arrived are
also straight.

Is it just me, or should the plug wires be angled so that they fit better?

Second, the car has a restraint cable that runs from the front of the bell
housing back to the rear engine mount, but did not have the engine mounting
tie rod that traverses a similar path.  I bought one to install, but now am
wondering if the car simply needs one or the other.  Thoughts?

Finally I have to once again sing the praises of J&B epoxy weld.  The
radiator has little bushing protrusions, bottom and top, where rubber
bushings attach so that the radiator is "cushioned" when you bolt it down.
One of the bushings on the bottom was rusted off, so I found a similar size
bushing, drilled out the old one, and the new one is held in place rock-solid
with J&B.

So far, J&B, PB  Blaster, and Gummout have helped me solve just about every
problem I've run into, excepting stripped bolt holes which I'm beginning to
think were an option on the 1980 models...

And just for a chuckle, I spent at least 20 minutes today trying to
re-install the rear engine mount -- upside down....   Well, heck, it was dark
underneath the car!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC