Victoria's Secret

Subject: Victoria's Secret
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:19:23 -0400
Hi,

For British parts in general and Rover V8 parts in particular.

I needed some parts for a Rover V8 and, since I had a Vic Brit TR8 catalog
handy, I called Victoria British.  They said they had everything I wanted to
order, took my credit card number and then calmly announced that it would
take 9 to 11 business days to receive the parts.  Yikes!  That sounds like
two weeks in real time.  They said their warehouse was backed up.  I
canceled the order and called The Roadster Factory.

When I called, they asked if I had a TRF catalog.  I told them I'd look
around for mine and call them back. I couldn't find my catalog, but I
noticed that you can download a DBF database of their current price list
from the TRF web site.  I did this and noted that they used factory part
numbers.  I was able to take the part numbers from my Rover SD1 parts manual
and search the TRF price list using the FIND function.  They had everything
I needed in stock.  Since I am only 300 miles away, I should have everything
in time for the weekend.

I thought this was pretty good.  For the most part, prices were very similar
for the parts I ordered.   I ordered the camshaft and timing bits from
Northern Auto Parts in Iowa.  Their price for the Crane camshaft was even
lower than Summit's.

For what it's worth...

Glen