TR7 BFH #1

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH #1
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:51:01 EDT
The ongoing saga of the TR7 Bearings from Hell, not to be confused with
Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell" album....

Ok.  So far so good.  Spent half the day disconnecting most of the necessary
items in anticipation of pulling the engine.  Even the bolts holding the
exhaust down pipe came off without too much of a fight.  And I remembered to
mark the flange before disconnecting the propellar shaft so I can reassemble
the same way later.  Four questions that have come up so far.

1.  I can't figure out where front/rear lifting eyes are -- the engine
doesn't seem to have them.  So, where should they be, and can I buy something
like that from a local auto dealer?

2.  Manual says I need a sling with a 23 inch leg and 18 inch leg.  Do I just
go to Home Depot and make one up?  What gauge wire should I be using?

3.  I'm suppose to disconnect the reverse light and seat belt interlock wires
at the multiway connector.  Where is that located?

4.  Finally, the manual says disconnect the rear cross-memberfrom the body,
complete with the tie bar and restraint cable.  I guess I can't just unbolt
the rear engine mount?

That's all for now.  We're taking it slow.

As usual, all comments welcome and appreciated.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC