Re: 4 post automotive lifts

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>, Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: 4 post automotive lifts
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:56:23 -0700
>A question for those of you who have one, is it inside or outside?  I

    Mine is inside but I also purchased the "caster kit" so I can move it
outside when I want to.   Unfortunately with my current garage door it wont
fit under it, I knew that prior to purchasing it and it will fit when I get
a new garage door (the kind that rolls up).  I have 9ft. in my garage until
I hit the joists and I had to stoop to work under the car.  I found that
sitting in a nice comfy chair with wheels was the perfect way to work under
my car.  With the windshield folded down on both cars, I had room to park
both cars in the garage.  I have since removed the ceiling joists over the
lift and can now stand under the car.

   A 8ft. ceiling and an MGB wont fit in there if you want to stand under
the car but it will get the car 4ft. off the ground and make it easier to
work on.  I purchased my lift mostly for storage so I didn't care too much
about fitting under, the weekend after I had it, I removed the joists when
I learned how wonderful a lift is.  Perhaps you can remove some of the
joists to get you more height.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/