Bad Rubber Parts from Moss

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad Rubber Parts from Moss
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:20:22 -0700 (PDT)
Last weekend I was shuffling parts around in the garage to make some
working space and noticed that one of the rubber tie-rod end boots I had
installed a few weeks back already has some serious cracks in it.

The April-May issue of British Car magazine contains an article by Paul
Kile on rebuilding rack and pinion steering systems.  Since I had
recently gone though this, it was interesting to read through the
article and compare notes.  There were a few specifics in the article I
disagreed with, but in general I thought it was pretty informative.
One claim Kile made was that tie-rod end boot replacements were
difficult to find, which seemed odd to me at the time, since I had had
no problem finding a pair.  There they were, listed right in the Moss
catalog.  On second thought though, maybe this was Kile's subtle way of
telling us not to order this crap from Moss.

Roland