Re: Lotus Elite question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus Elite question
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:20:04 EDT
Thank you to all who replied to my question about the Elite.  I am not
actively looking for a Lotus, and would probably prefer a Europa (if I
win the lottery!).

I always like to add to my knowledge of British cars and when I saw
the ad, I thought I would query the list for opinions.  Mark the Shark
commented about a TR7 that had $10K of resto work, and the owner
can get more than $2500 for it.  That is typical for the popular LBCs
that weren't very expensive when new.  But the funny thing is that if
you have, say, an E-Type Jag, the cost of resto work is proportionately
higher, so you still can't get your money out of it!  Car restoration is a
labor of love, not an investment.

Too much time at work, and the T1 line makes surfing very easy.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport