Thank You ..er I think?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Thank You ..er I think?
From: TJAZZED@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 15:51:00 EDT
Dear Listers:
    Thank you all for ending any semblance of normal life that I once enjoyed.
    I have owned my 63 TR4 ct18730 since 1973.  It was my daily driver from
age 16 to mid 20s.  It was a great car, fun to drive and amazingly
dependable.  After my 20s I drove it at most, a couple of times a month.
Eight years ago when the throw-out bearing started making noise, it went into
the garage. The tr4 was sitting happily in my garage collecting dust. Thanks
to all of you I now have no free time, no garage space, no money...... but,
my old high school tr4 is up and running...er..almost.  After the normal
fluid change out, and replacement of all hoses it fired right up!  I was very
impressed with my old pal.  I have now rebuilt the hydraulics and replaced
lots of other stuff that went south while sitting.  Unfortunately the
throw-out bearing didn't repair itself and still makes noise.  I am now about
to tackle the throw-out bearing/clutch replacement and since I have never
done it before, any and all advise and or tips for this job would be very
welcome.

Some questions for you pros out there;

 Is it easier to pull both engine and gearbox or can I just remove the
gearbox?
What else should I look at replacing while doing this job? ( keep in mind I
want to drive it this summer)

Can one man pull the gearbox or is it a two man job?

I am also in need of two dash vent grills in good condition or NOS for the
tr4. If anyone has any available e-mail me.

Thank you all for inspiring me to experience my second childhood with the
original car. = )

Regards,
Tony
tjazzed@aol.com