Re: double flarey

To: scott@oldertech.com
Subject: Re: double flarey
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 12:51:39 -0700 (PDT)
One possibility is that you are not cutting the tubing squarely.  This
could be a problem with your tube cutting tool.  Another possibility is
the flaring tool itself.  It could be that the flaring die isn't square
with the tube end, or the flaring clamp isn't gripping hard enough to
keep the tube from slipping on one side.  Not all tools are of the same
quality.  Rather than buying a bunch of new tools, you might want to
consider having someone else put the flares on.  That's what I did
because I needed 37 1/2 degree AN flares and didn't have the proper
flaring tool.  Probably cost me about the same as buying the correct
flaring tool, but without the hassle.

Roland