where did it begin for you?

To: british cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: where did it begin for you?
From: Anthony Case <easu816@ea.oac.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 11:07:53 -0800 (PST)
        A few months ago, during the "stereotypes" thread, I wrote that
my love for british cars goes back to my childhood. There was the Alpine
that my second grade teacher drove me home in when I missed the bus.
There was that woman in my home town who drove a Morgan, who would wave
at me every morning as I stared at her on my way to school.
        This got me to thinking. What makes us who we are? Regaled with
constant horror stories of river-like oil leaks, Lucas electrical woes
and other British engineering disasters we refuse to learn. We should
know better than to keep on involving ourselves with these rotting old
crocks. However, I believe that every person on this list would agree
that an old British sports car is superior to a brand new Toyota.
        So, out of curiosity I`d like to know how it all started for you all?
Was it something that you saw on television as a child? Maybe a car that
a neighbor had? Perhaps a James Bond movie? There`s got to be a ton of
great stories out there!

                Anthony Case, Once and future Britcar victim