Re: Triumph Herald engine conversion ?

To: Jonathan Harding <jrh10@octacon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Triumph Herald engine conversion ?
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:08:09 PST
On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Jonathan Harding wrote:

> I am thinking about putting a larger, more modern, engine into
> my herald 13/60 Convertable.
>
> The most likely scenario would be a Fiat 2litre Twin Cam, along
> with the necessary suspension and brake tweaks using Vitesse
> parts.
>
> Is there anybody out there that has done this, or something similar
> and if so what do I need to do.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jon Harding

Why would you want to do this? Virtually anything one can do with a
Spitfire can also be done with a Herald, and it's almost all bolt-in
stuff -- no welding or fabrication or guesswork. Ring up John Kipping,
TriumphTune or Rimmer Bros., first for advice.

Of course, anything is possible, and the Herald is not exactly scarce and
extremely valuable. I'm just not sure reengineering a Herald to that
extent is worth your time or effort.

Andy Mace