Re: Radiomobile

To: Paul Davis <pdavis@uk.mdis.com>
Subject: Re: Radiomobile
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 10:41:47 PST

On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Paul Davis wrote:

> > Re: TR6 original radio
> >
> > I have the original AM radio that I took out of my
> > TR6 and replaced with something newer. A label on
> > the back says it came from Radiomobile Ltd. N.W.2
> > London England. Perhaps some others out there have
> > heard of this company.
> >
> > Terry Murphy
> > Acadia University
> > Wolfville Nova Scotia
> > Canada  BOP 1XO
>
> Yes, I think that they are still in existance and from memory used to
> be the supplier of car radio systems to Rolls Royce

Radiomobile is (or was?) part of Smiths and did supply lots of radios for
LBCs. The Workshop Manual for my Triumph Mayflower includes a complete
list of Radiomobile service agents worldwide, so if your Radiomobile
ceases to function whilst touring in Rhodesia, Ceylon, etc., this list
will point you towards an authorized representative. NOTE: there may be a
newer list of Agents. ;-)

Andy Mace