Re: British Cars Digest #1539...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1539...
From: TR361@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 18:01:24 -0500
Roger,
I have not been following your saga too closely, but sounds like something I
went through about a year ago.

 In my case, I rebuilt the carbs, SU's and reset the valves after
removing the head, new plugs , points , you know all the right stuff.
After I was positive I did it all corret, the little bugger wouldt not start.
I figured that I must of done something wrong and proceeded to take
everything apart and do it all over again.

 I did this three times and in the end I found out that I have made one minor
mistake in the very beginning of the process.

I neglected to torque the head down properly. The manual I had was wrong and
when I decided to buy a new head gasket, my parts guru couldn't figure out
why I needed one so soon. After some discussion, we figured it out . Once I
torqued the head properly, the little bugger started on the first push of the
starter.

And has run just great ever since.

Good luck, I hope your problem is no more complicated than mine>

Chuck Centore
TR3 61@AOL.COM

Have you Checked your head today?