Singer Roadsters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Singer Roadsters
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 00:00:04 -0600
Dennis Nelson writes:

<When stationed in England with the Air Force in the early '60s, one
<of the blokes in my shop owned a Singer roadster.  It, as I recall,
<was not unlike an MG T series.>

Last Month I picked up a copy of (I think it was) "Popular Classics" and in
it was an article on the Singer Roadster. The one they highlighted was an
older one - somewhere around the mid 30's maybe - and it WAS stunning.
Robin's egg blue two seater. It's lines were much like the MG T's but really
much more fluid.

One of the reasons I now own a B is because I have always wanted a T and
can't justify the money for one as a daily driver. I hate to say it but now
I think I want this car. At least it's something to dream about. Maybe
tomorrow I'll hunt the article up (I know it's in the bedroom and Jeanette's
asleep) and look at it again.

Glenn Schnittke
glenns@edge.ercnet.com
72147.3635@compuserve.com