ANGLE DRIVES

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ANGLE DRIVES
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 11:01:00 -0500
Peter Schaus, Dave Lapham, Bob Bownes: I have opened a couple
of right angle drives from speedos. Inside is a worm wheel and
worm gear. There is a short, square cable soldered into the
worm gear. There may also be some shims to keep the worm gear
in correct mesh with the wheel. They can be rebuilt. Although,
I have not been able to make them last.

Try contacting:
       Palo Alto Speedometer
       718 Emerson Street
       Palo Alto, Calif. 94301
       415.323.0246  ask for Hartmut.

Usual disclaimers inserted here.

I have not dealt with them, but a friend has. Prompt service,
reasonable charges.

Wolfgang Attwenger: looking for a breather tobe for TR4....
Moss lists one as part number 851-010. Or, you could try Mark
Voelcker at British Auto Salvage, 315.986.3097.

Usual disclaimers apply here as well.

Richard Mutt: the brake pedal on my 74 B was soft. I bled the
system several times with a "Mighty-Vac". No leaks in the
system. I rebuilt the master cylinder...and blew out a front
flex line. Replace both front flex lines. The pedal is still
soft. I thought all B's had soft pedals. This spring I will
replace the rear flex line.

Alan