Re: Getting Spit Ready To Paint

To: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: Getting Spit Ready To Paint
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 17:11:29 PST

On Fri, 20 Jan 1995 LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com wrote:

> But that's the easy stuff. The one that's got me worried is the Spit
> Mk.III.
>
> I started stripping stuff, and a LOT of fasteners on this thing are
> rusted pretty solid. The bolts holding the seats on don't want to
> budge. Neither does one of them on the backup light lens. Can't wait
> till I get to the windscreen...
>
> So how do you attack this problem. How about a step-by-step plan?
>
> 1. Try with normal tool. If stuck:
>    2. Soak with Kroil, then try with normal tool. If still stuck:
>       3. Attach plastic explosives...

Larry, if you knew the answer, why did you ask the question? ;-)

Seriously, seat bolt blind nuts should be quite visible on the underside
of the floor pan -- a little heat should help. On the lens, you must be
talking a 1970 here, with the single centered backup lamp? Careful
drilling would work best here, I think. The windscreen shouldn't be too
bad, unless the car has gone belly-up at the hands of some PO. :-(

Andy Mace