Spelling

To: car net <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spelling
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 12:11:46 -0500 (EST)
This touches a nerve with me. I have to dash off notes and sometimes
send them without proof reading. I'm sorry. I know that it drives
some of you crazy. However, I do not think we should get onto this
thread for long. It will cause some folks  to hesitate to write.

Besides, now that 90% of the North American population hasgiven up
on the word "Really" and simple use real for everything

eg: a real leather caot
    a real good time

we really have no room to be critical. Leave the double negatives
and split infinitives wars to the New York Times.

That aside, jokes about "will you make me a sandwich" make
my day. Why just yesterday a man beside me, in an MG, lost half
his parts on the road.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
75 Spitfire // 64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // 59 TR3A //66 BSA Thunderbolt