Re: Herald Reference Materials

To: "Douglas L. Heiser" <hld@inel.gov>
Subject: Re: Herald Reference Materials
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 13:27:09 PST

On Wed, 18 Jan 1995, Douglas L. Heiser wrote:

> Andy, do you know of any GOOD reference materials for the Triumph Herald? As
> I am about to take the plunge of rebuilding, I want to make sure I do it
> right. I noticed that TRF has a book advertised in the Green Price List
> titled something like "A guide to buying and restoring a Triumph Spitfire,
> GT-6, Herald or Vittesse". I have an original Standard-Triumph Workshop
> Manual for Herald/Vittesse/Spitfire. What do you recommend?

Doug, the Official Workshop Manual is probably your best source. I have
not seen the "guide" you mentioned, but I understand it is good. One
thing to keep in mind is that many of the sources of information on these
cars are based primarily on home market cars; they may or may not cover
adequately features unique to North American-spec. cars. Fortunately,
those details are relatively few.

You also will find some discrepancies between your car and the official
manual you have, as that focuses mostly on the 1200 and 13/60 models.
Again, most changes are relatively minor, but some are nonetheless
significant.

As always, I'm happy to try to answer any specific questions I can (I do
have factory manuals for the "original" Herald 948cc series).

Andy