Re: TR4 front pulley removal.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 front pulley removal.
From: Graham@irving.demon.co.uk (Graham Glen)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 23:49:23 GMT
Responding to Phil Searle's question, Stan Fickes wrote:

> Perhaps you could loosen it at a nearby garage, then drive it home, tight
> but not torqued down soild?  I would expect there to be plenty of stick
> keeping the pulley on.

When I changed the pulley on the Morris recently, getting the retaining
bolt off was the easiest part. With a ring spanner that was about 12" long
I was able to undo it with two fingers (once I'd flattened the locking
tab). However, if this is a problem a way I know that works is to put a
chunk of wood across the engine compartment underneath the pulley if
possible, put the spanner on the bolt, put the car into top gear and push
it (backwards I think).

Graham
--
Graham Glen     graham@irving.demon.co.uk       +44 81 871 0228

".. and it always was possible to measure the distance between so-called
management and the so-called creative by the time it took for a memo to go
in one direction and a half-brick to come back in the other."
        Dennis Potter