Re: seeking: MG red paint

To: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: seeking: MG red paint
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 18:17:02 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 16 Jan 1995, Agustin de la Calle wrote:

> Dear SOLers,
>
> I am looking for a place to get the touch-up paint for my
> red Midget. I don't know if it is important, but it's a 1971
> model.
> I found on the net color codes for green and engine paint, but couldn't
> see the red anywhere.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.

> Agustin de la Calle                   '71 MG Midget (red)
> Boston, MA                            '88 Toyota 4Runner (V6)

Gus,

Do you have reason to believe the paint is original?  If so, try your
local auto paint stores; many of them should have color info back to 71,
and should be able to mix you a quart.  Take the car with you.  If not,
some auto paint manufacturers have color matching methods, such as color
sheets you place over your car with a variety of reds, each with a hole to
let the car's paint show through.  Just find the one closest to yours, and
they can mix it for you.  You are going to be surprised to find what a
quart of red costs!

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910