Crosley in racing trim

To: British-Cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Crosley in racing trim
From: harrold@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU (Dick Harold)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 21:07:57 -0500
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 15:20:29 -0500 (EST)
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Subject: Re: A last shot at Crosley

> A Hot Shot won the Sebring Index of Performance in '51 and did well at Le
> Mans.  In stock trim it could do about 77 mph.  Speed shops soon came up
> with some goodies that increased top speed to around 90 mph.

Hard to imagine doing 90 through Les Hunandierres while the big guys wailed
by at 180.

John R. Lupien
lupienj@wal.hp.com

-----  clip here -----

John Lupien

How would you like to be the guy in the 180 car and you have just committed
through Les Hunandierres and then you see this little Crosley put-putting
in front of you?  I suspect that a superlative remark or two might be
uttered from ones lips!  But that's the fun of indexed racing - right?

Dick