A Question for Canadians...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A Question for Canadians...
From: "Himelfarb, Mike" <mike@sdm.ShoppersDrugMart.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 15:24:11 -0500
Not having done this before I'm in the dark as to the most cost-effective
way to get spares for my TR6.

First, I'm not sure if duty applies to parts brought in from the U.S.  I
seem to remember something about U.S.-manufactured stuff being duty-free
under NAFTA but not sure about other places of origin.  Of course, there's
always GST, PST and the dreaded 40% exchange rate to consider.

Second, is there anyone in the Toronto area that has a decent stock of
parts, and are the prices competetive after exchange, taxes, duty, etc have
been figured into their costs?  I know of Precision Sportscar in Richmond
Hill although enquires usually result in "it's out of stock".

Since I'm looking for fairly big ticket, bulky items (front bumper,
dashboard, etc.) I'm thinking about incorporating a trip to TRF into a wild
weekend with my wife, which will serve to save shipping costs.  What I
don't know is if it makes financial sense given the above questions.

All answers and opinions welcome!

*  Mike Himelfarb - '76 TR6  |  "When all else fails, use a hammer..."   *
*  Mike@ShoppersDrugMart.CA  |                                 Taylor    *