Re: Crosleys

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crosleys
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 17:18:55 PST

On Thu, 12 Jan 1995, Berry Kercheval wrote:

>  > On Thu, 12 Jan 1995 TATERRY@aol.com wrote:
>  > banger be sort of superfluous?  And the thought of 4 little Crosley
>  > engines in the wings...  Anyway, it makes a good story.

> More likely, the Crosley's were used as APUs -- Auxiliary Power Units.  These

This is beginning to sound more and more like an old "Monty Python"
sketch, where Eric Idle's character attempts to describe an aircraft
thusly (and I'm quoting from VERY dim memory here): "No, more like a
Triumph Herald engine with wings!"

Andy "Hey, I started this Crosley thread, maybe I can end it" Mace