Re: New engine mounts fr

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New engine mounts fr
From: "Dana P. Henry-TRF" <70471.1433@compuserve.com>
Date: 12 Jan 95 16:12:54 EST
> Dan,
>
> Regarding your failing Vitesse engine mounts, are they of the "faux air
> gap" variety?  I have those bought from TRF too and & they are supposedly
> more prone to pre-mature failure.  Do Vitesse share the same engine mount
> with GT6/TR6?
>
> My personal experience on my '70 TR6 is that the no-air-gap (solid rubber)
> versionis better than the faux-air-gap.  Although the faux-air-gap pairs on
my
> car has lasted about 2+ years now.  I'm quite shocked to know yours last
> only 7-8 mo. on a non-runner.  I'm sure TRF will replace yours free because
> a component as critical as an enginer mount should last a few years, not a
> fraction of a year.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fred Ki

 I got to thinking and I do recall that the mounts that we got from TRF for
my Vitesse were the air gap kind. Should I return those and get the solid
kind? How prevalent is this failure for this part? I would think that engine
mounts should last more than a "few years". I take it that the purpose
of having an air gap would be to dampen the vibration some, right?
Dan have you contacted Dana Henry about this yet?

 *** Sharon Oblinger ***
 * c340808@is6.mdc.com *

Sharon et al:  I picked up the thread yesterday and got back in touch with
Dan right away.  I referred him to Frank Stoddard in our tech. department.
I checked with Frank this morning and as yet Dan hasn't had aa chance to get
in touch with him.  Thanks for the referral!

                                                       -CHEERS-
                                                       ^^^^^^^^