'67 B-GT For Sale: Central IL

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '67 B-GT For Sale: Central IL
From: Christopher Cougill <cucc4@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 14:48:07 -0600 (CST)

        Well, the time has come, I fear, to part with my first British
car in anticipation of college graduation/job hunting.  I would like to
get $1200 for my B-GT, which is in fair condition and will make a great
daily driver withg very little work.  I paid $1200 from the second owner
of the car in 1992 in St. Pete, FL.  Since then, I have done several
little things to it to make it a better driver (new tyres, replaced gas
tank, etc...).  The previous owner had the body rust repaired very
nicely, but thee areas that were done are still in primer.  There is a
nickel-sized rust hole in a rear fender under a tail-light.
        The car had a very strong motor, but needs rebuild kits in the
master cylinders (brake AND clutch) from sitting for a year and a half
(in a garage).  The tranny could also used a going through as the second
gear synchro is going out.  In fact, I think I can locate a four-synchro
box locally quite cheaply.  The bottom has typical Florida rust, thought
the floors are rust-free (sills, I guee you call them[?] are rusty).
Interior is typical for original (i.e. carpet needs renewed), though the
cool old metal dash is still quite nice.  Engine had about 56,000 miles
on it before the speedo cable went out (I drove it probably 500 miles or
so after that).  I can double check that mileage with a quick trip to my
storage facility.  Oh yes, the car has wire wheels in good shape.
        In short, it's not a super-bargain, per-se, but a very solid,
well maintained car that could use a few dollars in TLC and serve someone
very well.  Give me a call for more info or to arrabge a visit...

        Thanks,
        Chris Cougill
        (217) 348 1042 (Charleston, IL)
        cucc4@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu