Re: Of Rainbows Missed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Of Rainbows Missed
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 01:42:17 -0700
I finally get around to reading various bits of car mail, and find that
in his usual wonderful style, the ever loquacious Scott Fisher sez:

   So what about you folks?  What do you see in your own lives,
   as 1995's opening measures sound, where you are at risk of selling
   out on transcendent beauty for a few minutes of being comfortably
   numb?

Well, I myself sold out, but it was for *days* of comfort, not merely minutes.
You see, my goals for the coming year include attending the VTR convention
in Illinois at the end of July, and the SCCA Solo II Nationals at the start
of September, in Topeka, Kansas.  No big deal, except I plan to have the Killer
Spitfire with me at both events.

Now, the occasional jaunt about town in a high strung, tautly sprung autocross
machine is something I can not only live with, but make an effort to seek out.
That same small vehicle moving myself, a pile of spares, tools and race tires
halfway across the country is not something I look forward to with eagerness.
For the VTR meet in Seattle I had a solid, mostly reliable, but certainly not
that comfortable '66 Chevy pickup.  Well, here's what I had to say about things
a while back, when Salt Lake was having its own brand of weather woes.  Did I
really sell out, or just change banks?

mjb.
----