Re: 1995 International Auto show - Detroit

To: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com ("Doug Mitchell")
Subject: Re: 1995 International Auto show - Detroit
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 12:19:04 PST

> I have just returned from the Suppliers Preview at the 1995 Detroit
> Auto Show. I looked at all the cars, but I only picked up brochures
> from Ford. :-) (AC, Ford, Jaguar, Lincoln and Mercury.)

Hmmm.  That's interesting since Ford no longer has a financial interest
in AC Cars.  Ford obviously still sells engines to AC, though.

> I was suprised to see a couple of Cobras on the stand. It turns out that
> AC is still selling Cobras. I didn't have the courage to ask how much, I

Yup, been making them for over 10 years.  I think they currently sell
for about $100k.  Apparently production is only planned for a couple
more years.

> figured that if I had to ask, I couldn't afford one. They also showed the
> Ace, if you haven't seen one, it is sharp. Both cars are powered by
> 5 litre Ford HO engines as available in the Mustang. According to the

I looked in vein for a price in the articles I have on the Ace but came
up short.  All I recall is that it's rather staggering.  For the past 3
years Christmas cards sent to ACOC members have had a color photo of an
Ace on it.  It is attractive but I doubt many are being sold.

> Doug Mitchell - still drooling over the AC cars.

Roland