Re: Jaguar Sovereign

To: "Steve S. Heracleous" <madman@austin.ibm.com>, British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jaguar Sovereign
From: "Doug Mitchell" <doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 14:40:00 -0500
On Jan 6, 12:49pm, Steve S. Heracleous wrote:
> Subject: Jaguar Sovereign
>
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this list.....( be kind :-) )
>
> I just acquired a 1984 Jaguar 4.2 Sovereign 4D Sedan (the European
counterpart
> to a XJ6). I need information on how to get a shop manual, an owner's manual
> in English (I have one in French and one in German...trades?), need 800
numbers to
> part suppliers, info on mailing lists, specialty magazines etc.... The car
> is overall solid (only 41K miles on it) but it needs exchaust work, some
> break work and replacement of the valve guide tapers. My main concern is
> getting the right parts at good quality and at a reasonable price.

WHOA, reasonable price? My lad, you've bought a Jaguar, reasonable price and
Jaguar are an oxymoron. :-)

Good luck, and I suggest that you pull the British vendors list down from
Triumph.

Anonymous ftp to triumph.cs.utah.edu and look for brit-ven.* in the sol
directory.

> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanx!
> Steve Heracleous (madman@austin.ibm.com)
>-- End of excerpt from Steve S. Heracleous

Doug Mitchell
Any resemblance between me and a Ford spokesperson is a miracle.