Q: "Mystery car"

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Q: "Mystery car"
From: RLDesign@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 00:40:44 -0500
Warning: Dredging of the "recent" past.

Being new to this list, I was looking through the images at the
triumph.cs.utah.edu site, and found the picture labeled "Mysterycar.jpg,"
dated two years or so ago.

I assume it has long been figured out that that poor car was at one point an
Austin Healey 100, and an early one at that, judging from the rear fenders,
or what was left of them. Also of interest was the 100/M-style bonnent,
louvered and with provisions for a strap. Also looks like whatever motive
power was in the car was not of the proper origin.

Did anyone find out why someone would take a 100, to my eye one of the
prettiest of the fifties sportscars, and make it into the "brake vent"
special ,a poor late Ace/Cobra lookalike at the front and essentially stock
healey elsewhere? I assume the poor thing was beyond restoration, and that it
was properly stripped and then crushed. Not that I feel strongly about it.
:^)

--Roger