Re: TR7 - TR8 mailing list

To: KMNTR6@aol.com
From: southern@ra.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 6:06:42 MST
Ken writes...
{Re: TR7 - TR8 mailing list. I haven't seen anyone mention the TR8 Car Club of
{America. I have been to a couple of their events, and they are quite active
{and informative.

I think the assumption is that if you are on the TR8 list, you probably
already know about the TR8CC.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the strong
impression that the critical mass of net-connected TR8 owners which
assembled shortly after we formed the TR8 list 4 years ago was largely
responsible for reviving the TR8CCA from it's near-death state.  Though,
with my move to Jags, I haven't been on it for awhile, I've always been
very impressed with the wide range of useful projects which the little
TR-8 list managed to pull off in a very short period, mainly with the
initiative of it's fovnder, Jim TenCate.  Just off the top of my head, I
remember them reviving the TR8CCA, finding a ten cent fix (resolder the
power supply) to a plauge of dying Lucas FI ECUs that the "pros" were
charging everyone $300 to fix, as well as running a cooperative study
with Red-Line Lubrication to find the best MTF formulation for the Rover
5-speed trannys. What really amazed me was how Jim managed to get away
with running the TR8 list on their Cray for awhile.  My first
british-car was a TR-8, so I have a soft spot for the litte buggers.
I've always consider the TR8 list a success story and a wonderful
example of the power and resources which a group of net-connected folks
can wield when they're working together towards a common goal.  It
speaks well for those who donate so much of their time to keep these
lists going: MJB, Jim Tencate, Scott Fisher II and all the others.

Thanks, guys...

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________