Emissions Tests... Looking for information...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Emissions Tests... Looking for information...
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 1995 13:55:33 -0500
I have read about upcoming EPA Clean Air Act standards that are
requiring many states to impose more stringent emissions tests upon
older vehicles, including many collectable automobiles.

What I am trying to do is build the necessary information to write an
informed letter to my local, state, and federal representatives, to
let them know of my opposition to measures which would make it
prohibitive to own and regularly drive an older collectable automobile.

The most recent issue of "The Vintage Triumph" (the Vintage Triumph
Register magazine) contains some information that I could use, but
still falls short, in that references for statistics, etc., are not
provided.

I would be pleased to collect any information others have on this
topic, and make them available electronically, to aid others in
writing such a letter as well.  Any concrete information, preferably
electronic, would be greatly appreciated.  I am particularly looking
for EPA bulletins, journal articles, congressional record, or similar
reports on the EPA standards.  However, articles from mainstream
automotive publications, club newsletters, and the like would also be
appreciated.

Of course, being a New Hampshire resident, I am particularly
interested in articles relating to implementation of these standards
in New Hampshire.  However, I will welcome input from any states.  Is
anybody aware of existing Internet sites that contain this type of
information?

--Ken Streeter

Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@sanders.com
Lockheed Sanders, PTP2-A001 | UUCP: ...!uunet!sanders.com!streeter
65 River Road               | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Hudson, NH 03051            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631