Daimler and Jaguar Club & Zephyr

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Daimler and Jaguar Club & Zephyr
From: John McDonagh <MCDONAGJ@tui.lincoln.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 1995 14:03:39 +1300
I'm a menber of the Jaguar Drivers Club, Christchurch, New Zealand -
former committee member. Not a member - but the Daimler Club here is
very strong with an excellent parts service. A friend had one of the
rare manual versions of the V8 saloon, still has a Dart.

Also I DO know what a Zephyr is. I used to have a 1955 Mark 1 Zephyr
Zodiac. Great car but unfortunately it had done 250000 miles when I
had it and at at an age of 15 I did not have a lot of $$ to repair
it. Everthing except the motor (which had been reconditioned) was
worn out. I did the Gearbox, diff, steering, front suspension, and
broke an axle dropping wheelies It eventually was getting so
expensive I sold it and bought a japanese motorcycle.

A friend's parents had a Mark 2 Zephyr and one night when we were out
in it we managed to break the rear universal clean off. Also blew the
diff in my Vanguard and broke an axle in my Mini - boy was I hard on
cars in thise days!!

John McDonagh
Lincoln University
Christchurch