Re: Eine kleine nachdripping (K.666)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eine kleine nachdripping (K.666)
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 09:42:09 +0500
Ray "with friends like these..." Gibbons writes:

>I am sorry, but they may be right.  You probably square off the snow banks
>when you shovel the drive, and I would bet that you clean all the frost
>from the windshield instead of scraping a peephole and depending on the
>defrosters to do the rest before you hit something.  If so, you better
>put the MG up for sale very cheap, so as to get rid of it fast, before you
>come totally unglued.  I might take it off your hands out of concern for
>your mental health, providing, of course, that it is cheap enough.   My
>concern is not unlimited.
>
>Ray
>
>P.S.  The offer to relieve you of the source of your anxiety is also
>contingent upon inspection to determine that you do not actually *have*
>fire hose size fittings along the hood leaking green brake fluid, or oil
>dripping from a rocker panel.  Gas leaking from two places on the gas tank
>is acceptable, in fact, par for the course.

Well, I do pride myself on a nice shoveling job now and then, but, NO! I
really and truely only scrape a peep hole and hope the defroster clears the
rest before the entrance ramp.  One of the only thrills of winter driving
(apart from doing doughnuts in the K-Mart parking lot) is having no rearward
visibility for the first thirty minutes!  In the cold light of day I can
assure you that my brake fittings are of the standard size.  On the other
hand, the oil preassure gauge does stick once in a while.  I love to have
the engine off and still have 65 lbs preasure!  You don't think this has
something to do with the rocker pannels do you?

Will "cabin fever" Zehring