Re: Vacuum advance

To: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Vacuum advance
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 10:12:55 -0500 (EST)
Yo Greg,

Like, Greg, RTFM, man.  When you do the vacuum advance tube in the mouth
test, you have to have earplugs in your ears, or none of it means a thing.
The eustacian tubes let all the vacuum leak out through your ears.  It's
not a very safe test anyway, because if you suddenly back off on the
throttle, the vacuum can go sky high (or very low, it all depends) and
there's a fair chance you blow your cortex.  And that's a major bummer,
especially for overeducated university types.

Ray Gibbons, who as a Physiologist is paid to know such stuff.