MGB-GT song

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British-Cars)
Subject: MGB-GT song
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 94 23:31:01 EST
        This is a song from Richard Thompson's latest disc, Mirror Blue.
(Note that these are words really sung; slightly different than the words
in the notes.)  Copied without permission.  A must-have disc for a BC fanatic.

   MGB-GT, by Richard Thompson

        I've got a car and she might go far
        She's the mistress of my heart now
        She's a '65 with an overdrive
        I cured her in every part now
        2 in the front and 2 in the back
        110 on the old Hog's Back

        My MGBGT she's a runner now
        MGBGT
        Oh My MGBGT she's a runner now

        I welded the sills and the old floor pan
        Cut the rust with a torch and a hacksaw
        Took the Rostyles off, put the spoke wheels on
        Got a brand new salisbury axle
        When I go to town the girls all smile
        They say, Who's the man with retro style

        My MGBGT she's a runner now
        MGBGT
        Oh My MGBGT she's a runner now

        Lockheed discs and twin SUs
        Original chrome on the grille now
        Looks like a dream in her racing green
        Competition's standing still now
        Sprayed up her body, strengthened her frame
        Stripped her right down and built her up again

        An Alpine's fine if you've got the time
        And a Healey'll set you back some
        And a TR4 cost a little bit more
        but it don't have the same attraction