Re: British Cars Digest #1485 Tue Dec 13 18:19:12 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1485 Tue Dec 13 18:19:12 MST 1994
From: ALESiegel@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 22:16:38 -0500
From: Alan Siegel  AlESiegel@aol.com
Subjects:  KMWheeler MGB Bumpers
                 Spitfire Bumpers
                  ?MG List

1. KM Wheeler asked about renewal or repainting MGB rubber bumpers. I suggest
you try Auto Glym's "Bumper Care." All their products are great, and I get
them through Griot's Garage (800-345-5789). If you want to repaint, and
cannot find something at your local store, you might try to find a UK product
called Formula 4 0 Bumpercoat which is available in aerosol cans. I am not
sure it can by found in the States, but their UK address is: Unit 9, Hendy
Estates, Hendy, Dyfed, SA4 1XP, UK.
KM's story about the young boy's discovery of the excitement of British
Sports cars made me remember the first time my neighbor brought home his
brand new XK120. There was the feeling among my friends and I that we were
suddenly presented with a whole new world. That feeling stayed with me for
years. Actually, I still have that rush of feeling when I see an old Jag or
MG.
2. Re: Spitfire Bumpers - The uncertainty about the '73 and '74 bumpers may
be grounded in troubles atthe change of model year. I understand from my
mechanic that there was a strike at BL during that model year changeover, and
some of the cars were put together with mixed components. I found him the
other day working on a '74 with electrical woes. He discovered that the car
was wired differently than the owner's manual and workshop manual for a '74
indicated. In fact, it was wired differently than the '73 - but had some
hybrid arrangement. This sort of craziness had something to do with the
demise of BL.
3. I wonder if there is a list for MG people ? I have a 1973 MGB and would
appreciate it if someone could let me know how to access it.
I am delighted to be among such congenial company, and look forward to
reading more about British Cars.
Alan Siegel