Re: British Cars Digest

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest
From: TUSLER%MP050@ECCSA.Tredydev.Unisys.com
Date: 14 DEC 94 13:32
-------  Forwarded message -------

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 10:28 am PST (18:28:44 UT)
From: CHARLES C STEVENS <STEVENS @ MP068>
To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER @ MP050>
cc: CHARLES C STEVENS <STEVENS @ MP068>

>Subject: Volvo and Jensen?

>Does anybody know if there is a connection between Jensen motors
>and volvo or volvo 1800 engine and english cars/mfgs?

The Volvo P1800 body was manufactured by Jensen.  Body manufactury was later
transferred to Sweden, and the model was renamed the 1800S.

Styling differences were small: the grille was stamped on the 1800S and
was an alumin(i)um eggcrate construction on the P1800; the chrome strip
down the side of the 1800S was straight, whereas it did an upkick at the
front of the rear fender to emphasize the fins on the P1800.  I'm not sure
of other differences.  From the 1800S came the 1800ES "Sportwagon" (which
could be argued is Sweden's answer to the MGBGT).

        -Chuck Stevens

------- End of forwarded message(s) -------
*Philippe Tusler - El Toro, CA           | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV-OC.unisys.com | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*